Thursday, September 25, 2008

Family Vacation part 4


After a week at the parks and the beach we drove north an hour and stayed 4 more days with some friends. Nate is still in contact with his best friend from when he was growing up in San Diego. They were very very kind to take us in for the weekend.

The first day there was all about Apples. We drove way out into the "country" to an orchard where you can pick your own apples. Then we drove over to a former mining town called Julian to shop. It was really really cute. Now the town is mostly made up of B&B's, antique shops and bakery's. We had lunch, apple pie and apple cider. Delicious.

The next day we went to the fair ground in LA for some sports show and then made our way over to the swap meet. The hightlight of the day was buying a really cool wooden sign that we had carved to say "TheBroadbents est. 2003" on it with a fire helmet and 2 axes on it.

Last day. Nate went to a Chargers game with his friend. This is actually the main reason we chose to come to San Diego. Chargers won, it was the perfect ending to a long trip.

The next morning when I got up to feed Smith at 3 am Trey woke up too and wouldn't go back to bed. So we decide to leave a little early and head home. We were on the road by 5am. It couldn't have worked out better. The boys were great in the car and slept most of the way. We only had to stopped in Vegas and St George and made excellent time getting home. The bad news, while we were in St. George Nate shifted a few things to make room in the car to change a diaper. When we got home we realized the cool Broadbents sign had been left on the roof of the car, and didn't make it home. :( but other wise it was a great trip.

4 comments:

Codi said...

That sucks about the sign. I am glad that you got away and had some fun. The boys are looking very cute.

teriandbristol said...

Cute family! Sad about the sign, I was excited to see it! I guess I could drive down and look for it on the side of the road... :) Glad you had a good trip! We need to get together! I miss you!

Laura said...

What a fun trip I'm totally jealous! I love love love San Diego. :)

Jill said...

Bummer about the sign. It sounds like a really fun trip though.