
After Trey woke up from his afternoon naps we would head down to the beach for an hour or two. The first time we tried this Trey woke up at 5:30. Then we put on sunscreen and then we ate a little and just generally took our time. We were only about 15 minutes from the beach but by the time we got there it was 7 o'clock. We learned when we arrived that the sun set around 7 o'clock right now in California.

We just drove 12 hours and spent a night in Mesquite to get to the beach! We were not going to let a lack of daylight keeps us from having a good time. The sunscreen we had just applied was unnecessary, and so were the swim suits. Trey would NOT let Nate or I near the water. Everytime we got close he would cry and pull us back to safety. Very cute! Eventually he warmed up to the water, but the first day no one got wet above the ankles.

He just loved playing in the sand. The beach is just one enormous sandbox afterall.

This is the second day at the beach. We actually made it there before dark and stayed a lot longer. We eventually got Trey to play in the water, just not to deep. This was a actually a happy surprise to us. Usually anytime we get near a pool or lake Trey tries to drown himself. So it was nice not to have to drag him out of deep water every 5 minutes.
His other favorite beach activities were destroying other peoples sand castle and pushing Smith in the stroller.

These are the only pictures I have of Smith the entire trip, and really it's just his stroller. I kind of feel bad about it, but he was so well behaved on the trip that I rarely had to take him out of the stroller, except to nurse him and change his diaper. He was awesome! I just wish we had spent more time at the beach. It was beautiful.
2 comments:
I love the picture of Trey in the sand! He is so funny! I'm glad that Smith was so good! I am impressed! What a good mom!
Such a cute video. I miss that age.
Post a Comment