Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mike

The other day I took the boys up to Walsburg (near Heber/Deer Creek) to visit uncle Mike at his home. Mike has lived there for a while, but this was my first trip up there. Every other week Mike works as a counselor at one of those wilderness camps for troubled teens, and he does a great job. So I guess compared to wilderness camp his place is pretty nice. And it really seems to suit his laid back personality. He lives in a 12x20 studio, well okay, it's a shack in the middle of a field. He even has a well outside for water.

Here we have the Bedroom:
The Enrty/Dinning area. We had to open the door cause the stove he uses to heat the place started to smoke.
And the TV / Pantry (food on the shelves)
Mike and Trey sniffing the cheese cake. mmm
Mike and the boys watching Wall-e.
I was really impressed with Mike's place, and the fantastic meal he put together for us. It's been a lot of fun having here nearby. We will really miss him when he moves to Portland next month. :(

3 comments:

Codi said...

The shack is much nicer than I had expected.

Julie Broadbent said...

Me too! When he would say he lived in a shack I was picturing wood slatted walls with holes in the roof. But the place was really pretty nice, just small.

Jill said...

It's nicer than I imagined too--especially when I heard that he raised chickens up there. I kind of imagined him living in a chicken coop. Thanks for sharing the pictures Jules.