Saturday, October 18, 2008

That Dog...

We got his dog from my brother a little over a year ago. His name is Wake. In that time he has run away from home 4 times. The first two times we bailed him out of the pound. The second time it was very expensive so we vowed if he ran away again, he was on his own. We even talked about giving him away for a while. A couple months ago I went out to check on the dogs and the kennel was open. Max (the good dog) was just hanging out in the yard and Wake was gone. I was kind sad, but we had already made up our minds. A couple days later Nate was riding his bike home from work when a big brown dog started chasing him. It was Wake.

Last week he ran away again. This time Nate was out in the yard with the dogs and he just disappeared. Nate was not interested in checking the pound, this was the 4th time in about a year. At first I totally agreed with him. Wake eats a ton of food, he smells bad, he's always slobbering on us and he runs away all the time. We don't need that. All week I've been worried about him, what if he got hurt, what if he gets put to sleep, what if, what if... I guess I was more vocal then I realized. Yesterday Nate and Trey went to the pound without telling me and brought Wake home. YEAH! I guess he's kind of grown on me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How much does it cost to get a dog out of the pound? Does Scott help pay for it?

Julie Broadbent said...

This time it was only $90. Last time it was twice that. He's our dog now.

Jill said...

That's really sweet of Nate.

teriandbristol said...

Awww... what a sweetie! (Nate, not Wake)... :)