Saturday, October 23, 2010

I over did it again.

I do this all the time. I learn how to do something new and then I get all excited and go way over board. This year I learned to can. It started with peach syrup about a month ago and kind of took off from there. In total I have done over 180 bottles this year. My first year. I would love to continue, But I have run out of bottles.
Here's what I have made so far. Apple Sauce (23) Pears (18) Peaches (63) Peach syrup(11) Apple pie filling (20) Apple/Raspberry jam (6) Tomatoes (7) Jalapeno Pepper jelly (7) Jalapeno Apple jam (6) Raspberry Jam (11) Prunes (30). Yum.

Next year I want to try some more weird jams and jellies. Did you know you can make jelly from dandelions or rose petals? Crazy!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so impressed! I want to start canning someday!

Jill said...

Okay, wow. I'm very impressed. All I've done is strawberry jam. I'm especially impressed with the tomatoes. I hear that's really time consuming.

Nicole said...

Way to go Jules! I am really wanting to do more next year. This year I only did the salsa.

Peter and Katie said...

Wow, you are amazing. You'll have to teach me all your secrets.

teriandbristol said...

wow! you are amazing! it's not fair for you to be good at everything!!!