Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ABC's

This is my latest effort to teach Trey his ABC's

Step one - stencil

Step two - paint the letters

Step three - paint something next to each letter

This is definitely the hardest part. The plan is to do one or two a day so they make more of an impression. But I need help. Any ideas for Q X Y J or V.

10 comments:

DC Diva said...

You are talented!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, that is really cute Julie! Q is Quilt obviously :)
Y could be Yo-Yo? Or a Yellow Submarine? V could be Volcano

Hmmm, this is kind of fun :)

Dave and Emily said...

C'mon Julie X is for X-men, easy.

Peter and Katie said...

So cute Julie. You want to come paint my walls for Riley?

Julie Broadbent said...

X-men! of course why didn't I think of that. And that's a word he can use everyday too...

Jill said...

So cute!

Q - queen, quilt

X - x-ray, xylephone

Y - yo-yo, yak

J - jump, jelly jar

V - violin, van, volcano

Julie (ASmAcc) said...

Are you free-hand painting the things??

J - jungle, jaguar, jack rabbit, juice

I love volcano, quilt, and yak!

Ali Snow said...

So cute. I have the same question. Are these all free hand pictures? If so, I'm so impressed. I was excited to give you all my words for those letters but they've already been taken. Good luck!

Julie Broadbent said...

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll post another pic in a couple weeks when I am all done.

These are free-hand, but I am using paint markers. So it a lot easier then if I used a brush.

Nicole said...

Seriously Jules - you NEVER cease to amaze me!! Where does your talent end?!